I got this recipe from the Macaron recipe book my father gave me for my birthday with some modifications. This recipe will include no flavoring. Just the recipe. The recipe will vary depending what kind of macaron you want and what kind of filling.
To make macarons, you will need:
- Food Processor
-Pastry Bag and tip
Basic Macaron Shell Reicpe
3/4 cup sifted almond flour/meal
1 cup confectioner (powder) sugar
2 extralarge egg whites
1/4 Superfine (Baker’s) sugar
1. Place the ground almond and confectioners’ sugar in a food precoessor and process for 20 seconds. Sift mixture in a bowl and put aside. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Place the egg whites and a large bowl and beat until its foam. Place some of the superfine sugar and continue beating. Keep adding superfine sugar as you beat the whites. Keep beating until the eggs are a firm glossy meringue.
3. Using a spatula, fold the almond mixture into the egg whites 1/3 at a time.DO NOT beat the almond mixture. When the dry ingredients are thouroughly incorporated, continue to cut and fold the mixture until it forms a shiny batter with a thick, ribbonlike consisitency.
4. Pour the batter into a pastry bag fittled with a 1/32 inch/1 cm. plaine tip (or you can cut the top of the bag without a tip). Pipe 32 small circles onto the prepared baking sheets. Tap the cookie sheets firmly onto a work surface to remove air bubbles (it also helps to drop it on a hard surface). Let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or when you touch the cookkies and it isn’t tacky and stick to your finger. Preheat the oven at 325 degrees F/ 160 degrees C.
5. Bake in the oven for about 10-15 mintues. The time will vary with your oven. Do not take the cookies off before it has cooled after you take it. The center of macaron will stick to paper if you take them when they’re hot. After they’ve cooled, take them off the parchment paper and put on a metal cookie rack and let them cool comepletely.
The Filling will vary for which kind of macaron you make but you can fill you cookies with basic filling like lemon curd, chocolate ganach, or buttercream. I might do the recipes for these filling later.
So there it is. The basic macron recipe. you can add to the recipe at steps 1-2 depending on the recipe. Hope this helps. (: